Taste of Home posted this recipe that looked perfect for using up my leftover ham from Easter. Once again, I modified the recipe. This seems to become a habit, but I don’t like to buy one item that will spoil before I use all of it. It just seems wasteful to me.
Ham & Cheese Fritatas
- 1/4 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons minced chives (or rosemary if you don’t want to buy chives)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk (or 2% milk if that is what your husband drinks)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Divide ham among eight muffin cups coated with cooking spray; top with cheese. In a large bowl, beat eggs and whites. Beat in the chives, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese, filling each muffin cup three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around edges to loosen; remove from pan. Serve warm. Yield: 8 frittatas.
Breakfast of champions! Cooking Light blueberry muffins and fritatas.. I couldn’t eat the biscuit to so Bear got to enjoy it.